Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bling for the Bing Bings

Good Morning Everyone and WELCOME to a very informative and uplifting blog post. I, Megryansmom, will attempt to shop for bras later this afternoon. But first, I'd like to share with you how to find the right bra.

STEP #1 Finding the correct size.

Measure the rib cage snuggly, but comfortably just below the breasts. If the number is 33 or less, add 5 inches to that number and that is your bra size. Over 33 inches add 3 inches to get you bra size. Both ways, rounding odd numbers up to even.

Then measure the bust around the fullest part. Now subtract that last number from this new number and you'll come up with another number used to determine cup size.

AA = 1/2"
A = 1"
B = 2"
C = 3"
D = 4"
DD or E = 5"
F = 6"
G = 7"

Just as an example, lets use these random numbers. If your ribcage measures 31 inches, then add 5 and you come up with 36. Now the fullest part of your boobs measures 36 inches, so subtract 31 from 36, leaving 5, thus making your cup size a DD and your bras size a 36DD. Ehem, please note these are RANDOM numbers and in no way, shape or form MY BRA SIZE or even what the lady at JCPenney recommended to be MY BRA SIZE.

After you have the right size the next thing to think about is what kind of bra is needed. Is it for support, coverage, comfort or athletics? Bras come in a variety of fits and fabrics. There are different styles of bras designed for specific body types, fashions and activities. No one bra can do it all!




THIS is my everyday favorite, feels like I'm not wearing a bra, winter wear under sweatshirts bra. Walmart Bestform $6.96



THIS is what Whynot wishes my everyday bra looked like.




THIS is an AWESOME T-shirt and sweater and every other purpose bra.
Still practical, yet a bit sexier than the sport's bra.



THIS is my mother's bra! Sears. It's the ONLY style I have ever seen my mother wear. It's her bra, she loves it so much she sleeps in it.


The options available can be overwhelming, you have to choose amount of padding, support, color, style — Of course, once you find the perfect fit, you swear by it and end up with multiples of the same bra in different colors and life is good until that time six months later when it's time to shop for new bras and they've discontinued your favorite bras and you're back to square one.

Say a little prayer for my husband today, after the promise of sexual favors and lunch, he has agreed to accompany me on my adventure. He either really loves me or he's just horny and hungry.

Pin It

20 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Wow, a husband going bra shopping with his wife? Yeah, I'd say you're in for a good evening... :o)

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Damn. I had to use the same promise just to get my hubby to move a bird feeder. I was duped, I tell you!

P.S. I need to bra shop tomorrow and I HATE it!

Unknown said...

My favorite is the bottom bra, I like my bra and underpants to meet. Sometimes you can get the same effect with really high underpants too though :)

Have a fun afternoon!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Good luck! I really need to do that one of these days, too... Hungry or horny - might have to try that ploy to convince my hubby to go along for the shopping spree...*giggle!*

Debz said...

Sweetie, it's definitely the 'hungry and horny' option. But either way it's a win-win.

Kim said...

OMG this cracked me up! Bra shopping is never fun for me, I absolutely hate it.

Kim said...

OMG this cracked me up! Bra shopping is never fun for me, I absolutely hate it.

Liz said...

Hah! That's ironic. I had to go bra and undie shopping this weekend too -- Probably for a very different reason... as my 15 week old puppy likes to chew everything to pieces. But I like undie shopping :D

Michelle said...

And this is why I buy 25 bras from wherever in a variety of styles and sizes. Then I come home and try them all on and end up with like ummm four. *sigh*

I hope it alllll turned out well for you. Both!

Lola said...

My partner and I ordered ours online after Christmas. I feel I was duped! Who knew sexual favors and lunch could be in the offering?

Anonymous said...

A man in a lingerie store voluntarily? Must be a Victoria's Secret. heh heh

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Anonymous said...

I hate shopping for bras. I have still not found a great one. And bringing my husband along only makes it worse because then I have to listen to both of us whine.

Deb said...

Hope you found something that makes the ta ta's happy. Thanks for the uplifting post!

jill jill bo bill said...

The last time I took Rick with me to Victoria's he kept asking all the workers there, "Tell me her secret. I know you know. What was it?" He got on my every last nerve!! I say your hubby is all three, in love with you, hungry and hungry.

Anonymous said...

Jill Jill Bo Bill ~ Victoria's secret is she's a slut! ;-)
Hey I didn't say it was a WELL KEPT one!

Um, my bra size comes out to a NEGATIVE double A... and that seems about right. ;-)

Unknown said...

I had the same thoughts this morning, I really need some new bras....

Unknown said...

I had the same thoughts this morning, I really need some new bras....

Counselormama said...

I just bought a nude color, no fuss no muss bra at Target and I love it! I wear it everyday except when hubby hints that seeing me in something else would be nice too!

Leah said...

bra shopping falls into the category of self-torture in my opinion. I hope you were successful in your shopping adventure!

Julie said...

HB won't go near the bras with me. I usually just order the same styles in the three colors it comes in online when I need more :)

Copyright 2011 Look It's Megryansmom | Designed by: NW Designs