Friday, August 14, 2009

I Need a Timeout

Sorry for the late notice, but tomorrow August 15th, is National Relaxation Day.

Did you forget how to relax?

Turn off the TV, the computer and your cell phone and focus on YOU. Get engrossed in a book, listen to music. Consider heading out in the sunshine and resting. Just take a chair into your backyard and sit, relax and breathe.

Life is short, stop operating in "stress mode." It doesn't have to be huge, just a few minutes at a time. Go for a walk, take a nap, work in your garden. Eat some chocolate and skip the guilt.

I'm spending my time out at Wrigley Field, where I won't worry about Jim Hendry's crappy lineup and instead enjoy the Air and Water Show. But I may color my hair before I go, to cover all the grays created by stress.


Pin It

5 comments:

Kathy B! said...

Could you send a memo to the hubs and kids? I don't think I'll be able to participate unless someone gets them off my ass.

Unknown said...

enjoy...I will be at the Jimmy Buffet concert...so totally relaxin and enjoyin margaritas.

KarieK said...

Enjoy Wrigley Field!! Line up or not...always a certain air of being in that stadium!!

Lola said...

I don't know, the Cubs game Saturday could be interesting, since they won today by such a large margin. Then again, it could be a huge hitting snoozefest.

No relaxation for me. I have to run my daughter to a doctor appointment early in Bolingbrook. Maybe we'll garage sale our way back home. That could be relaxing.

That Janie Girl said...

I believe I will!!!

Copyright 2011 Look It's Megryansmom | Designed by: NW Designs